Monday, September 24, 2007

Ahdmadinejad

There's not much I agree with Pat Buchanan on, but today on MSNBC he made some great points in regards to Ahdmadinejad, and the history of the United States involvement in Iran. Ahdmadinejad spoke today to the student body at Columbia University. He said some dumb things, such as there's no homosexuals in Iran, women are treated fairly in his country, and so on. The Persian president made some good points today also.

First let me say I know nothing about the man. My information about him, and his polices comes solely second hand from the news media. I take that information for it's worth. I am skeptical of the news media. I do know that being a woman, Iran is not a place I want to live in. Women are third class citizens in Iran(infants boys have more rights than adult women). Anyone who dares to speak out against the Govorment punished severly. But, Iran's young people are pro western. The young far out numbers the older people in Iran. So, maybe if we America gives the young people a little help, they can transform the country.

Pat Buchanan pointed out some things that Ahdmadinejad said in his speech at Columbia that made sense. Ahdmadinejad brought out the fact that it was Europe that visited the holocaust on the Jews durning WWII, yet it's the Palestinians that have suffered at the hands of the Jews for the past 60 years. He also reminded us that the U.S. supplied Iraq with intelligence, chemical, biological, and conventional weapons to use against Iran in the Iraq/ Iran war. Ahdmadinejad pointed out that Iran's elected President was drove from office by the C.I.A., and the brutal Shaw was put in place to lead that nation. Iran has a history of human rights abuses, and so does the United States. So I say the rice can't call the potatoes white.

No comments: