Sunday, January 20, 2008

Racial Division, Good For Hillary, Not Good For The Democratic Party

If Hillary is our democratic nominee, my hope and prayer is that the republican nominee win in Nov '08. I am a die heart liberal black woman democrat, living deep in heart of Dixie. I will probably never vote republican again, but I will in '08 if Hillary is our nominee. I will vote republican so that that republican nominee will have the votes needed to get the Clintons out of our lives once and for all.

The Clintons historically have been anti-democratic party, they do what they think is best for the Clintons, and be dammed the party as a whole. If they have to lose every single democratic member of congress to get Hillary elected President, so be it. They will destroy the democratic party to gain power. Wait and see.

From my first introduction to the Clintons in 1992, on 60 minutes, I did not like them. I could see they were power hungry opportunists, who do anything, and I mean anything to win. Just look at what they are now doing to Obama. They use Obama's race against him. After Iowa and NH, the Clintons saw that Barack did transcend race, this meant Obama did not push the racial buttons that divide blacks and whites in the United States. So the Clintons invented buttons to push. They used those buttons well. I don't think their plans worked. But we will see the issue again, especially in the west. There, they will use Hispanics against blacks. They will split the base of the democratic party to try to fill their insatiable need for power. It worked in Nevada. Good for the Clintons, not good for democratic party.

I started this blog mainly to express my liberal views. Being a southern black woman, I am a natural democrat. After all it's the democrats who finally saw that blacks in this country would not be denied equal rights any longer. The democrats at that time, knew the changes had to come. The democrats are also the party that truly cares about the poor. So for someone like myself to vote republican is a very big deal. But I will do so to stop the Clintons. But then again, the Clintons are in a party of their own.

No comments: